At The Boma hotel, we are passionate about going the extra mile to delight our guests. We place great importance on recruiting the best possible team and in return are committed to creating an open, learning culture that attracts, retains and inspires our associates.
Position: Head Housekeeper
Reporting to: General Manager
Job Location: Eldoret
The incumbent in this position will be required to among other duties take part in or independently carry out the following:
· Develop plans, actions and standard operating procedures for the operation and administration of assigned departments. Establish and maintain Housekeeping and Laundry scheduling procedures; taking into consideration percentage of occupancy, time and use of facilities, and related public areas and events.
· Organizing Housekeeping department using Housekeeping team concept, with each housekeeper cleaning room sections.
· Develop inspection program for all public areas and guest rooms to ensure proper maintenance and high standards cleanliness are achieved and maintained.
· Coordinate the operations of Housekeeping and Laundry departments in the hotel to guarantee minimum disruption in the overall operations of the hotel.
· With the assistance of the General manager and Financial Controller, develop budgets for housekeeping and laundry departments to ensure that each operates within established costs while providing maximum service.
· Establish training programs within the department, which will enable positions of increased responsibility to be filled from within the department.
· Administer attendance control for all assigned Permanent and temporally staff in the Housekeeping and Laundry departments.
· Maintain strict inventory and purchase control over all controllable items.
· Communicate freely with assigned personnel, continuously passing on to supervisors and subordinates any information necessary to make them feel included in the overall operations of the hotel.
· Conduct employee performance appraisal on time, showing objectivity and sincerity.
· Maintain control of Linen rooms, Storerooms, new linen, and cleaning supplies, ensuring adequate supply and security.
· Be Responsible for the proper scheduling of the department, keeping in mind the forecast of daily occupancy and Banquets events.
· Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
· Participates in the development of employees in the department and implementation of corrective action plans
· Other duties as assigned
· Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality management or related field.
· Proven working experience in 4-5-star hotels as head housekeeper, with more than 4 years of experience in this position.
· Up to date with housekeeping trends and best practices.
· Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, Opera/Fidelio POS etc).
· Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company, and to make effective and arguable decisions
· Experienced in performance management very patient & able to train and supervise the staff within their department, and essentially being meticulous and precise.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below via email to email@example.com quoting the relevant position as the Email Subject on or before 12th June 2019, 5:00 pm.
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees.
Human Resource Office
The Boma Hotels
P.O BOX 26601-00100
Note: applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered. Only Shortlisted
Candidates will be contacted.